Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all sites hosted on TCD Life. It is the responsibility of all site administrators and contributors to be familiar with, and adhere to, the following.
- Users of the College's web resources will adhere at all times to the College's Code of Conduct for the use of computing resources and to the College IT and IT Services policies governing the use of IT Services' facilities.
- Only those web pages which contain the domain name tcd.ie or tcdlife.ie will be hosted on any server on the College network.
- The College's web resources will only be used by members of the College for College-related activities. They may be not be used for personal use.
- Users of College web resources will not make use of, or publish, material that is obscene, libelous or defamatory or in violation of any right of any third party. Users of College web resources will not publish material which would bring the name of Trinity College Dublin into disrepute.
- Users of College web resources will comply with the requirements of relevant legislation.
- The installation of software by individual users is not permitted.
General terms of usage
- Only active site files should be published to the server i.e. it should not be used for document storage, as a backup repository etc. Files not currently in use should be store elsewhere.
- Currently no hard quota's on disk space are applied. However, a fair-usage policy is expected, where resources are not used unnecessarily. Sites occupying 500MB's or more are requested to log a call with the IT Service Desk to discuss their hosting requirements. This is in order to facilitate individual requirements where possible and to plan for required resources in the future.
- IT Services performs regular back-ups to facilitate a server restore in the event of a failure. Site administrators should maintain regular back-ups to facilitate individual page restores (in the event of accidental deletion, over-writing etc.) As per the previous term above, these back-ups should be maintained off the server.